Skip to main content

The Road to Disc Jam Is Paved With Grooves and Good Vibes

Did you ever sit around with your friends drinking beer and ask one another just completely ridiculous questions? Things like, "If you could have coffee with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?" or "If you could invade anyone's closets for a week and get to wear their wardrobe, who would it be?" Then after a few beers it becomes things like, "If you could be any animal in space, what animal in space would you be...and why? YOU CAN'T PICK SQUIRREL!" Don't say no. You know you have been there.

During those conversations, did you ever ask, "If you were setting up a festival and could pick any bands you wanted to be on it, who would you pick?" My husband and I have this discussion all the time. We love the idea of taking different genres and mixing them up but keeping it all dancy and full of good vibes and incredible musicians. There is so much crazy good music going on right now that the options are just all over the place. Well, honestly I think the folks who put the Disc Jam Festival together must have been reading my mind because the lineup this year is just nuts.



Kung Fu, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, Spiritual Rez, The Motet, Turquaz, Aqueous, so so so many more. It's four days of straight booty shaking good times. 

I mean, look at this!




Schedules care of  Disc Jam Music Festival


And A Perfect Mess will be there, June 8-11 in Stephentown, NY to bring you all the news, interviews, and good crowd vibes of the festival. Excited does not even begin to explain how I feel to have the privileged to cover the music at Disc Jam this year. This blending of incredible artists and amazing vibes will be an audible explosion that I cannot wait to be a part of. 

Oh, you want to be there too? Outstanding!!! You can still get your tickets HERE!!!

For the next three weeks, I will be re-running the pieces I wrote on a few of the featured artists at this year's Disc Jam festival and keeping you up to date on all the events and goings on leading up to it. If you have any questions or feedback on what you most want to hear from the festival, please reach out to A Perfect Mess via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter at any time.

If you are going, see you there!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pinstripes - I

My Sunday mornings, unless coupled with a hangover, are my favorites. I wake up whenever my body stirs from slumber (or the cat steps on my face), stumble downstairs in my robe and pajamas, and start my coffee.  Once a cup or so is consumed and that sweet, sweet blood of life also known as caffeine is streaming through my veins, I like to crank up something good and loud and full of soul and dance to wake my ass up and fill me with life while I do my mundane New Jersey suburb Sunday morning chores. It has to be good. It has to move me. It has to remind me that the world is alive and buzzing around me and I woke up this morning...I should be doing nothing less than dancing, So this is when I usually like to test out new music. My mind is rested and clear, and craving something that will make me move. I waited until a Sunday morning to pop in The Pinstripes for the first time. I don't think I even needed the caffeine. WOW. This album exploded all over me, and I have been nothing sh...

More Than a Mouthful - Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad : Make it Better

I feel like I hit the auditory lottery this last year in a lot of ways. Opening my mind to another side of music has been a delicious adventure that I really didn't anticipate shaping and changing me the way it did. I started this blog/podcast focused on local artists which became almost exclusively a ska/reggae/rocksteady undertaking. It's music that lights me up and a scene that welcomed and encouraged what I was trying to do with this whole project. I wanted to share what I was finding in the scene. I wanted to promote and push bands, albums, and shows that were regional into an international audience. This has always and will always be my mission, but I have had to admit that my blinders were on. Enter my husband. Jam guy meets Ska girl. They bond over punk rock and get married. We found out the two scenes we come from were so incredibly similar in so many ways. The vibe, the crowds, the social ideas were very much the same but still there was some strange imaginary ...

The Pandemics - Brain on Tap

New York City is a veritable cornucopia of music and culture. The music, the art, the people...it all radiates with an aura of gritty determination that won't wash off. It's unique energy permeates everything that bleeds from between it's concrete structures and dark clubs and bars. I am in love with New York City. I always will be. It's been a mecca of ska and punk music over the last bunch of decades, and my favorite place to escape New Jersey and run to for a recharge of my soul. Bands in New York have an energy that is almost tangible, and nearly impossible to describe. It varies band to band, scene to scene...but it's constant. Every time I get into a new one, I can detect it almost immediately. It's what gets me dancing immediately...be it sitting at my desk, driving in my car, doing my dishes, putting my radio show and podcast together, everything where the music is filling my ears. Thank fucking goodness for New York City. This is everything that fil...